Ham and cheese twists
Skill level: Easy peasy
These delicious ham and cheese twists only take 20 minutes to rustle up and you make 24 in a batch which is great if youíre feeding plenty of people. Tangy cheese and smoky Parma ham flavours work well together with the texture of the cheese twist. Along with the soft pastry and kick of Dijon mustard you could serve these cheese twists with dipping sauce such as humus or salsa. Use ready-rolled puff pastry which you can buy in most supermarkets for an extra speedy finish on these easy cheese twists. Ideal for buffets or as party food, cook these twists until they are golden and crisp. If you donít like Parmesan you could use Cheddar or Mozzarella instead.
- 320g sheet ready-rolled puff pastry
- 2tbsp Dijon mustard
- 4 slices Parma Ham
- 60g Parmesan cheese, grated
- 1 egg, beaten
These maybe made in advance and re-warmed before serving so they crisp up again.
- Set the oven to 200įC/400įF/Gas Mark 6.
- Roll a the puff pastry to a larger rectangle about 40 x 30cm. Spread over the Dijon mustard. With a short edge closest to you, cover the half nearest to you with the Parma ham, laid with the short edges facing you. Sprinkle with half the Parmesan cheese, then fold the other half of the pastry down over the ham. Run a rolling
- pin over to help them stick and to flatten. Trim edges to neaten. Brush with beaten egg.
- Cut into strips, towards you, about 1cm thick and about 20cm long. Twist each strip a few times before laying them on baking sheets lined with non-stick liners. Sprinkle with remaining Parmesan.
- Bake for 12-15 mins until crisp and golden, swapping the trays in the oven halfway through. Cool on a wire rack. Serve warm.