Boxing Day turkey salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
If everyone has over-indulged on Christmas day then this fresh-tasting Boxing Day turkey salad with a tangy orange and cranberry dressing is just the job for lunch on Boxing Day. Itís also a great way to enjoy leftover roast turkey. Choose a colourful selection of winter salad leaves including baby spinach and peppery rocket and only dress the salad just before serving. If you prefer, replace the blue cheese with milder Cheddar or tiny Mozzarella balls and use chopped walnuts or toasted flaked almonds instead of the pecans.
- 300g mixed salad leaves
- 350g cold cooked turkey, cut into small chunks
- 100g firm blue cheese, cubed
- 50g pecan nuts, toasted and roughly chopped
- 75g dried sweetened cranberries
For the dressing:
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1tbsp fresh orange juice
- 1tbsp cranberry juice
- 2tsp runny honey
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
If you have any leftover roast potatoes from the Christmas meal, cube them and lightly fry in a little hot oil until crisp and golden. Toss into the salad with the dressing.
- Arrange the salad leaves in a large serving bowl. Scatter over the turkey chunks, cheese, chopped pecans and dried sweetened cranberries.
- To make the dressing, place the oil, cranberry and oranges juices and honey in a jug. Whisk together until blended. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Just before serving pour the dressing over the salad and toss together gently.