Crunchy peanut butter flapjack
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Flapjack recipe with a difference? This is it! These flapjacks are so easy to make. This crunchy peanut butter flapjack recipe is sure to become a favourite. A wholesome bake with a touch of naughtiness and a sweet nutty flavour. Deliciously sticky and quick to make, these tasty flapjacks make the perfect afternoon tea treat. You can also use smooth peanut butter if preferred. This easy flapjacks recipe shows you how to make 20 medium sized squares and should take 35 mins to prepare and cook in total. Store these delicious flapjacks in an airtight container for up to 4 days. We like to mix things up when it comes to our flapjacks too. If you're feeling like chocolate or dried fruit, for instance, then simply throw a handful into your flapjacks recipe and stir through. The beauty of this simple recipe is that it can be tweaked to almost any flavour at all - have a play and see what you like best!
IngredientsFor this crunchy peanut butter flapjack recipe you will need:
- 300g butter or margarine
- 200g demerara sugar
- 100g golden syrup
- 100g crunchy peanut butter
- 450g porridge oats
- 1tsp vanilla extra
- Icing sugar to dust
Try adding a handful of chocolate chips or some sultanas to the mixture with the oats for extra sweetness.
- Pre-heat oven to 190°C/375°F/Fan 170°C/Gas Mark 5. Grease and line a 30 x 20cm rectangular cake tin with baking parchment.
- Melt the butter in a large saucepan then add the sugar, syrup and peanut butter and stir over a low heat until smooth.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the oats and vanilla and mix well. Pile into the tin and pack down well. Bake for 25 mins until lightly golden. Cool for 10 mins before marking into 20 bars using a sharp knife. Leave to cool completely before removing from the tin.
- To serve, dust lightly with icing sugar. Store in an airtight container for up to a week.