Gluten-free rocky road
Skill level: Easy peasy
No one will be able to resist this easy to make gluten-free rocky road, packed with gluten-free chocolately and fruity biscuit bars. Apart from a little melting, thereís no cooking involved in this quick recipe, so itís very easy to make. It only takes 20 mins of preparation, but you will still need at least two hours to let it set. This recipe also requires gluten free products, like gluten free chocolate chip cookies and gluten free mini marshmallows, which makes it a bit more expensive to make than regular rocky road. This recipe serves 12, but you can cut the biscuit bars as big or as small as you dare. Have this delicious gluten-free rocky road with an afternoon cuppa or just as a cheeky snack.
- 100g unsalted butter
- 225g plain chocolate chips
- 250g gluten free chocolate chip cookies
- 150g raisins or sultanas
- 150g gluten free mini marshmallows
- Icing sugar to dust
You can customize this recipe to suit all tastes: for a very sweet tooth, use milk or white chocolate. Replace the raisins with chopped dried apricot, dried cranberries or chopped glace cherries.
- Line a 30 x 20cm rectangular cake tin with a double layer of cling film. Put the butter and chocolate chips in a saucepan and put over a very low heat. Melt very gently, stirring occasionally.
- Crush 175g cookies very finely, and lightly crush the remainder into small pieces, then place both in a large bowl and mix in the raisins or sultanas and mini marshmallows.
- Pour the melted chocolate and butter over the biscuit mixture and stir well to make sure everything is coated. Transfer to the prepared tin, press down with the back of a spoon and chill for 2 hrs until set.
- To serve, carefully pull out the biscuit mixture from the tin using the cling film to help you, then discard. Cut into triangular pieces or bars as liked, and dust with a little icing sugar before serving.
Why not try our classic rocky road recipe?