Hot smoked salmon frittata
Skill level: Easy peasy
This is a good way to liven up some leftover cooked potato and eggs and turn them into a substantial breakfast dish. If you don’t like smoked salmon, sliced ham or lean back bacon make a good addition instead
- 25g butter
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 1 bunch spring onions, chopped
- 250g cooked potato, sliced
- 150g smoked salmon trimmings, chopped
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- Handful of caper berries and extra smoked salmon to serve
This baked egg dish makes a delicious cold snack too, served with salad or in small pieces on skewers as a tapas-style dish.
- Pre-heat oven to 170°C/325°F/Fan 150°C/Gas Mark 3. Use about 2tsp of the butter to thickly grease a 23cm round baking dish and put on a baking tray.
- Melt the remaining butter in a large frying pan with the oil and stir fry the spring onions with the potato for 5 mins. Drain well and spoon into the prepared dish. Mix in the smoked salmon.
- Season the eggs lightly and pour into the dish making sure it seeps all round the contents of the dish. Bake in the oven for 40-45mins until just set.
- Serve straight from the dish, sliced and accompanied with caper berries and extra smoked salmon.