Caramel apple and ginger layers
Skill level: Easy peasy
Very flavoursome and full of indulgence, these Autumnal layered desserts are very easy to make, yet look impressive. Perfect for an easy dinner party dessert, this delicious sticky pud is guaranteed to impress your guests
- 1 small apple, washed
- 8tbsp caramel, toffee or butterscotch dessert sauce
- 8 scoops good quality vanilla ice cream
- 8 small rounds or squares Jamaican ginger cake
- 8tbsp chunky apple sauce
- 150ml whipping cream
Chopped fresh mango makes a deliciously fresh alternative to the apple sauce in this recipe – reserve some thin slices of decoration.
- Using a sharp knife, thinly slice the whole apple, and brush each slice on both sides with a little of the dessert sauce. Set aside.
- Just before serving, put a scoop of the ice cream into the bottom of 4 sundae glasses or tall tumblers. Drizzle with a little sauce and top with a piece of ginger cake and a spoonful of apple sauce. Repeat the layering to use up the remaining ingredients finishing with a layer of apple sauce.
- Whip the cream until softly peaking and spoon on top of each dessert. Serve immediately decorated with the prepared apple slices.