Rosewater and raspberry yogurt layers
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A pretty dessert, combining rich and light layers of yogurt with fruit and the floral aroma of pure rosewater. Quick and easy to make, this is the perfect dessert for when you’re short of time
- 500g carton natural Greek yoghurt
- 3 tbsp clear honey
- 170g carton 0% fat Greek yoghurt
- 100g fresh raspberries
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- A few drops essence of pure rosewater
- Mint leaves to decorate
Fresh strawberries would also work well in this recipe. If you prefer not to use rosewater, try replacing the 0% fat Greek yogurt with very low fat vanilla yogurt.
- Put the natural Greek yogurt in a bowl and mix in the honey to sweeten. Spoon into 4 glass dessert dishes or drinks tumblers. Set aside.
- Put the 0% fat Greek yogurt in another bowl. Reserving 4 raspberries for decoration, push the remainder through a nylon sieve on top of the yogurt. Add the sugar and mix well to make a pink coloured yogurt.
- Add rosewater to taste and then carefully spoon over the plain yogurt forming a pink layer on top. Chill for at least 30 mins before serving.
- To serve, decorate with reserved raspberries and mint leaves.