Feta, fig and cranberry salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
This simple salad has a bit of a festive flavour, and would make an unusual starter on Christmas day. Alternatively, it makes a tasty dinner party starter or lunchtime treat served with some crusty bread. If you donít like figs, slices of sweet melon would be nice too.
- 4tbsp sweetened cranberry juice
- 4tbsp olive oil
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150g baby spinach leaves, washed
- 8 yellow or red cherry tomatoes, washed
- 4 ripe figs
- 75g feta cheese
- 50g dried cranberries
- 50g walnut pieces
This is a delicious easy to put together salad. For a more substantial meal, add some wafer thin slices of Parma ham and double the cheese amount.
- First make the dressing. Put the juice, oil, cinnamon and some seasoning in a small bowl and whisk together. Set aside.
- Just before serving, arrange the spinach leaves on 4 serving plates. Halve the cherry tomatoes and quarter the figs and arrange on top.
- Crumble over the cheese and scatter cranberries and walnuts over each portion. Best served at room temperature with the dressing drizzled over.