Chicken, mushroom and tomato pizza
Skill level: Easy peasy
It's so simple to knock up a great tasting homemade pizza with little effort. There are so many great pre-made pizza bases out there you don't even need to make up a dough! Although if you fancy it you can make a cheats dough with a ciabatta bread mix – just follow pack instructions then roll out to form a pizza base. Then all that's left is to pick your favourite toppings, scatter them over the pizza, bake until the cheese is oozing and try to resist a bite while it's still to hot to eat!
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 150g closed cup chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 1 large pizza base (approx 10 inches)
- 500g pasatta
- 100g cooked chicken, torn
- 125g mozzarella, sliced
- 150g vine cherry tomatoes, separated
- 25g parmesan, grated
- Handful rocket, to scatter
A few tbsp of pesto make a great addition to a pizza!
- Pre-heat oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas Mark 6. Heat the oil in a large frying pan and sauté the mushrooms for 10 mins until soft and golden.
- Place the pizza base on a large flat baking sheet. Spread over the pasatta leaving a small border, then scatter with the mushrooms, chicken, cheese and tomatoes. Transfer to the oven for 8-10 mins until the base is crisp and golden and the cheese is bubbling.
- Top with the rocket and scatter with parmesan to serve.