Red onion, artichoke and tomato pizza
Skill level: Easy peasy
Why not make this pizza if youíre stuck for dinner ideas this Friday or Saturday night? The kids are nagging for a takeaway but you want to save some money instead and get them eating a little healthier and this dish will tick both those boxes. Our delicious red onion, artichoke and tomato pizza only takes 20 mins to prepare and cook and uses tortillas as the base instead of your average pizza dough which means itís a much healthier pizza recipe too. This takeaway alternative is topped with delicious artichoke hearts, tangy red onion and juicy baby plum tomatoes which makes it extra tasty. You could use tomato puree instead of ketchup for a richer tomato flavour or sprinkle with chilli powder for a kick.
- 4 flour tortillas
- 4tbsp tomato ketchup
- 2 red onions, peeled and thinly sliced
- 2-3 flame-roasted peppers, sliced, or 1 large fresh red pepper, deseeded and thinly sliced
- 390g can artichoke hearts in brine, drained
- 6 baby plum tomatoes, halved
- 12 black olives
- 125g ready-grated mozzarella
- Freshly ground black pepper
To add some extra Italian flavour, add fresh or dried oregano or torn fresh basil leaves, if you have them.
- Set the grill to medium/ high. Put the tortillas on 2 heavy baking sheets.
- Spread the tortillas with the ketchup, top with the onion and pepper slices, halved artichokes, baby plum tomatoes and olives. Sprinkle with the mozzarella.
- Grill the tortillas, two at a time, for 5-8 mins, until the cheese melts. Be careful that you donít let them go too brown
- around the edges. Season with freshly ground black pepper.
- Serve straightaway with salad.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 312(kcal)
- Fat 8.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.