Super-quick chilli chocolate caramel mousse
Prep time:(1 hour cooling time)
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This is the simplest, quickest and tastiest pud you can make in next to no time with just store cupboard ingredients. It's half caramel and half chocolate. It contains no eggs and there's no need to stand over a pan and make a caramel. The chocolate caramel mousse can be made a few days in advance and kept in the fridge. Put the mousse in a pretty shot glass and you're bound to impress. You could also add other flavours to the chocolate, like coffee or grated orange zest.
- 397g tin Carnation caramel sauce
- 200g plain chocolate
- 200ml double cream
- 2 tbsp caster sugar
- Pinch of chilli flakes
The chilli flavour will develop within the chocolate if left in the fridge overnight.
- Divide the caramel sauce between four pretty glasses or bowls. It should fill approximately half.
- Put the chocolate in a Pyrex bowl, cover with cling film and cook in the microwave for 45 seconds until melted.
- Stir in the double cream, sugar and chilli flakes and pour over the caramel.
- Leave to set in the fridge for at least an hour before serving.