Warm spicy potato and artichoke salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
This potato dish has a real Moroccan flavour with coriander and mint as well as the kick of red chilli, proving salads don't have to be boring. It makes a lovely barbecue dish or try it with baked fish or chicken to add a healthy touch to any meal. Ready in under 30 mins, it's sure to be a winner with spice lovers. Little ones in the family can still enjoy the mild-flavoured artichokes and garlic taste - just take out the red chilli.
- 675g baby new potatoes, scrubbed and halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 4tbsp extra virgin olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- 390g can artichoke hearts, drained, rinsed and halved
- 2tbsp each freshly chopped coriander and mint
Artichoke hearts make an interesting addition to any salad; they have a mild, green-vegetable-flavour and are deliciously tender. If preferred, use cooked florets of broccoli or small stems of asparagus.
- Put the potatoes in a saucepan and cover with water. Add a pinch of salt and bring to the boil. Cook for 10-12 mins until tender. Drain well and cool for 10 mins, then return to the pan.
- Meanwhile, put the oil in a small saucepan with the garlic and chilli, and heat very gently until warm.
- As soon as the potatoes are ready, toss in the garlic and chilli oil along with the artichokes, and mix gently together. Carefully mix in the chopped herbs. Season to taste.
- To serve, pile into a warm serving dish and serve immediately.