Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Yes, these really are low-fat brownies! With only 3g of fat per square, these delicious, moist rich chocolate brownies are the perfect sweet treat if youíre on a diet or counting those calories. You donít have to miss out on a classic bake with this recipe. In 40 mins these gooey treats will be ready to eat. Itís recommended you use a 17cm square tin for this recipe, but no too worry if you donít have the exact one. Just remember that the bigger the tray, the thinner the brownies will be and the quicker they will cook. Dust with icing sugar to finish and enjoy with your feet up and a cuppa in hand.
- 100g bar dark chocolate, 70% cocoa solids, in squares
- 2 medium eggs
- 75g each golden caster sugar and light muscovado sugar
- Ĺtsp coffee, dissolved in 1 tbsp hot water
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 90g 0% fat Greek yogurt
- 90g plain flour
- ľtsp baking powder
- 15g cocoa powder
- Icing sugar, for dusting
- 17cm square tin, lined with baking parchment
If preferred, melt the chocolate in the microwave on a low heat in short bursts stirring every time
- Set the oven to 180įC/350įF/Gas Mark 4. Melt chocolate over a pan of hot water. Cool for 5 mins.
- Whisk the eggs with the sugar until light. Stir in the chocolate, then the coffee, vanilla and yogurt. Gently fold in the sifted flour, baking powder and cocoa powder.
- Smooth the mixture into the tin. Bake for 25-30 mins. Leave to cool. Cut into 16 squares. Dust with icing sugar.
Nutritional information per portion
- Calories 105(kcal)
- Fat 3.0g
This nutritional information is only a guide and is based on 2,000 calories per day. For more information on eating a healthy diet, please visit the Food Standards Agency website.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.