Hot and spicy guacamole
Skill level: Easy peasy
The best way to get a great tasting guacamole is to use the freshest ingredients and prepare it just before you plan to eat it so that no discolouration occurs. If you do need to make it in advance cover with cling film pressing down onto the surface of the guacamole rather than just over the bowl to make sure no air can get to it. Its oxidization that causes it to go brown, just using this trick will keep it green in the fridge for days. Guacamole is best served simply with tortilla chips or with cheesy nachos!
- 2 ripe avocados
- 1 lime, juiced
- 1 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1 jalapeño, finely chopped
- ½ red onion, finely diced
- 3tbsp fresh coriander, finely chopped
- A few drops of tabasco
Make your own crisps by splitting pitta breads in half, cutting into small triangles and placing under the grill until golden and crisp
- Mash the flesh of avocados with the lime juice.
- Stir through the garlic, jalapeño, red onion and coriander and mix until well combined. Coarsely mash together until well combined then add a few drops of tabasco until you reach required heat. Stir well to serve.