Skill level: Easy peasy
This super easy sweet and rich, smooth and thick orange fool can be made the day before and stored in the fridge until needed. Simply juice oranges and a lemon and stir though their zest and some sugar before whipping into double cream and crème fraiche. Add a little grand marnier for a naughty kick and simply spoon into glasses to serve. If you have a few extra oranges why not try serving with orange segments at the bottom of the glasses or to garnish the tops. For kids leave out the alcohol and top with chocolate curls
- 3 oranges, juice & zest
- 1 lemon, juice & zest
- 100g caster sugar
- 300ml double cream
- 500ml half fat crème fraiche
- 50ml grand marnier
- Small mint leaves or blueberries, to garnish
Serve with store bought ginger thins or shortbread fingers for a cheats addition to this creamy dessert
- In a large bowl place the orange juice and zest, lemon juice and zest and the sugar. Stir until the sugar dissolves.
- In a separate bowl pour the double cream, cream fraiche and half of the orange juice mixture. Whisk with an electric hand mixer until it begins to thicken, then add the remaining juice and grand marnier and whisk again until the mixture forms soft peaks.
- Spoon into glasses and and garnish with mint leaves or fresh blueberries.