Curried chicken salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
This tasty chicken salad is delicious served with a selection of peppery salad leaves but it’s also ideal to pile into hot baked potatoes or use as a chunky sandwich filling. Use a medium tikka or korma curry paste and if you don’t have any mango chutney, add a touch of sweetness with a handful of raisins or some finely chopped dried apricots. For a less calorific dressing replace half the mayonnaise with natural yoghurt or reduced fat crème fraiche
- 6tbsp mayonnaise
- 1tbsp medium curry paste
- 1tbsp smooth mango chutney
- 2tbsp lime or lemon juice
- 1/2 red onion, peeled and finely chopped
- 1 red pepper, deseeded and diced
- 2 spring onions, trimmed and chopped
- 400g cooked chicken, diced
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
Top the salad with lightly toasted cashew nuts or flaked almonds for a bit of extra bite
- Place the mayonnaise, curry paste, mango chutney and the lime or lemon juice in a bowl and mix together thoroughly.
- Stir in the onion, pepper, spring onion and chicken. Season to taste with salt and freshly ground black pepper and chill for 1hr before serving.