Chilli crab and mixed leaf salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
This chilli crab and mixed leaf salad packs a punch on flavour. Fresh tasting baby salad leaves with a sweet and sour sesame dressing are topped with juicy white crab meat and finished with fiery red chilli. If you like your spices, this salad is definitely to your taste. Ready in just 15 minutes, it's the perfect recipe for a speedy, filling lunch that doesn't compromise on taste.
- 2 limes
- 4tbsp sweet chilli sauce
- 4tbsp light soy sauce
- 1tbsp sesame oil
- 150g baby salad leaves, washed
- A few sprigs flat leaved parsley
- Ĺ cucumber, washed
- 2 x 170g cans white crab meat in brine, drained
- 1 or 2 small red chillies, deseeded and chopped
The Oriental flavours of this salad go well with any cooked fish or shellfish. Try prawns or flakes of cooked salmon. If you donít like the heat and pungency of red chilli, use a mild green chilli instead.
- First make the dressing. Extract the juice from one of the limes and put in a small bowl. Add the chilli sauce, soy sauce and sesame oil and whisk together. Set aside.
- Put the salad leaves and some parsley leaves in a bowl. Very thinly slice the cucumber and toss into the leaves along with half the dressing.
- To serve, pile the leaves on serving plates. Top with crab and sprinkle with a little or as much chilli as you like. Serve with salads with the remaining dressing to spoon over, and the other lime, cut into wedges to squeeze over.