Gorgonzola and bresaola salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
This Gorgonzola and bresaola salad, packed with delicious flavours and colours, makes the perfect Italian dish. Crispy bitter sweet salad leaves are mixed with a creamy, tangy blue cheese and tender wafer thin slices of air-dried salt beef. It would make a great starter for guests and is ready to be served in under 20 minutes.
- 200g bag crispy salad leaves (frisée, radicchio, etc.)
- 4tbsp olive oil
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 x 40g packs sliced bresaola
- 1 small ciabatta loaf
- 75g Gorgonzola cheese
Bresaola is an Italian deli meat. If you can’t find it, use Parma ham or any other thinly sliced ham or roast beef.
- Rinse and shake dry the salad leaves well, then put in a bowl and toss in the olive oil and some seasoning.
- Separate the bresaola slices and gently mix into the leaves. Set aside.
- Preheat the grill to a hot setting. Slice the loaf in half lengthways, then cut each piece in half again. Lightly toast the bread for 1-2 mins on the cut side.
- To serve,put the warm toasted bread on serving plates. Pile over the leaves and bresaola and crumble over the cheese. Season with more black pepper and serve immediately.