Greek salad and chicken wrap
Skill level: Easy peasy
Wraps are the perfect portable snack. Lighter than sandwiches they can be filled with any combination of ingredients you have to hand so it's always worth keeping a pack on standby in the freezer. They can be thawed in just a few seconds in the microwave or leave at room temperature for 1 hr until soft. With a lightly-dressed crisp Greek-style salad and salty flavoured halloumi and feta cheeses these wraps are ideal for a packed lunch or picnic. Make 2-3 hrs in advance and wrap in foil or cling film and chill until required.
- 100g halloumi cheese, thickly sliced
- ½ small cos lettuce, roughly chopped
- 8 cherry tomatoes, halved
- 5cm piece cucumber, sliced and halved
- 6 pitted black olives, sliced
- 1 red onion, peeled and thinly sliced
- 250g cooked chicken, chopped
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2tsp lemon juice
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 2 wraps, warmed
- 50g feta cheese, crumbled
- 1tbsp chopped fresh flat leaf parsley
To warm the wraps, place in a moderate oven for 5 mins or microwave on high for 10-12 seconds
- Grill the halloumi cheese slices under a medium hot grill for 2-3 mins on each side until golden.
- Place the lettuce, tomato, cucumber, olives, onion and chicken in a bowl with the olive oil and lemon juice and toss together. Add the halloumi and season lightly with salt and freshly ground black pepper.
- Divide the salad between the two wraps. Sprinkle over the feta cheese and parsley then fold up the wraps to enclose the filling and serve.