Mincemeat stuffed chicken breast wrapped in bacon
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Stuffed chicken breasts are always a sure-fire winner, so why not put a Christmas twist on this classic and simple dish. The spicy and fruity flavours of the mincemeat compliment the sweetness of the pork, and proves that chicken is a suitable vehicle for most any flavour. So if you’re stuck for something to do with that leftover mincemeat from making mince pies, why not try this tantalising recipe, which effortlessly combines the sweet with the savoury. This stuffed chicken breast recipes takes only 5 mins to prep, and 30 mins to cook, so you'll have a delicious dinner ready in just 35 mins. This recipe serves 4 people, but you can easily double up the quantities if you need to feed more people. Try serving on a lettuce bed for a light starter or accompanying with potatoes and seasonal vegetables for a hearty main course.
IngredientsTo make this stuffed chicken breast recipe:
- 4 chicken breast fillets, skinless
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 120g mincemeat
- 4 slices of bacon
- 4 sprigs of rosemary (optional)
Serve with a dollop of crème fraîche for an enhanced flavour
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Gas Mark 6. Place the chicken on a chopping board and season.
- Use a knife to make a slit along one side of each chicken breast and make a pocket. Be careful not to cut right through the chicken. Fill each breast with the mincemeat and then wrap the bacon around the chicken. Lay a sprig of rosemary on the breasts, if desired.
- Place the chicken breasts on a lightly greased baking tray and cook for 25-30 minutes, or until the chicken is thoroughly cooked. Serve with sautéed potatoes and long stem broccoli