Apricot, almond and coconut crispy cakes
Skill level: Easy peasy
A healthy alternative to the chocolate version! Apricots and almonds match perfectly with a hint of coconut and the crisp texture of the rice. Quick and easy to make, they are the perfect afternoon tea treat or lunchtime pick-me-up. Add a little peanut butter to help them set or enjoy them as they are
- 100ml honey
- 1tbsp butter
- 2tbsp desiccated coconut
- 100g dried apricots, chopped
- 75g whole almonds, roughly chopped
- 75g crisped rice cereal
Press the mixture together to set properly, or try adding a couple of tablespoons of peanut butter to the mix to help them set
- Line a muffin tin with 10 cases
- Melt the honey and butter over a low heat.
- Add the coconut to the honey and butter and cool slightly.
- Mix the remaining ingredients in a bowl with the honey and coconut mixture
- Spoon into cases and refrigerate to set.