Sweet potato, chilli and coriander dip
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Dips are a great way to introduce food at a party. Add some pitta breads and crudités to a large platter with a selection of dips and you have a quick, inexpensive starter. This dip is silky smooth but bites back with subtle warmth from the chilli. It can also be served warm as an accompaniment to chicken, fish and steak. Better still, once made transfer it to a oven proof dish and top with grated strong cheddar cheese and pop under the grill for 10mins until golden and melted.
- 2 sweet potatoes
- 4tbsp low fat natural yoghurt
- 1 chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- Small bunch of coriander, leaves only, finely chopped
- Salt and freshly cracked black pepper
For a hotter dip, add the seeds from the chilli. Best eaten with warm crisp tortilla chips, straight from the oven.
- Wrap individual sweet potatoes in foil and oven baked at for 30mins at 200°C/400°F/Fan 180°C/Gas Mark 6.
- Once sweet potatoes are cooked through, remove from oven, cut in half and scoop out soft flesh into a bowl. Add yoghurt, chilli and coriander to the bowl and using a fork, mix to combine. Season with salt and pepper to taste.