Pork kebabs tandoori-style
Prep time:including marinating
Skill level: Easy peasy
An Indian-inspired dish of chunks of lean pork marinated in spiced yogurt and grilled. Perfect with salad and wraps in the summer when you can pop the kebabs on the BBQ.
- 675g lean pork, cut into 2cm thick pieces
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 2cm piece root ginger, grated
- Ĺ-1tsp chilli powder
- 11/2tsp each of ground cumin, ground coriander and turmeric
- 8tbsp whole milk natural yogurt and extra to serve
- 2tbsp freshly chopped coriander
These kebabs are delicious as they are but if you have more time, leave them to marinate overnight for even more flavour. They are good cold as part of a picnic or packed lunch.
- Put the pork in a shallow dish and season well. Mix the remaining ingredients together except the fresh coriander and spoon over the pork. Mix well to coat. Cover and chill for 2 hrs.
- Preheat the grill to a medium setting. Thread the pork between 8 skewers and place them on a grill rack. Brush them with any spiced yogurt thatís left in the dish.
- Grill for 7-8 mins then turn over and brush with more spiced yogurt. Return to the grill to cook for a further 6-7 mins until tender and thoroughly cooked.
- To serve, drain the pork kebabs and sprinkle with chopped coriander. Ideal served with crisp salad, wraps and extra yogurt to spoon over.