Oriental spiced minced pork salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A tasty meal that takes minutes to prepare and cook. Pork mince is flavoured with the Oriental seasoning, 5 spice powder, and simply stir fried with garlic.
- 500g pork mince
- 3 garlic cloves, crushed
- 1tsp 5 spice powder
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- Juice of 1 lime
- 4 large leaves iceberg lettuce, washed
- Small bunch fresh coriander, roughly chopped
- 1 large red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
- A small handful of walnuts, chopped
This is a versatile recipe so you can change the main ingredient to any minced meat, and add your own spices to taste.
- Put the pork mince in a wok or large frying pan and stir fry over a high heat for 3-4 mins until beginning to brown.
- Add the garlic, 5 spice and plenty of seasoning and stir fry for a further 4-5 mins until cooked through. Remove from the heat, sprinkle over the lime juice and leave to stand for 5 mins.
- To serve, arrange the lettuce leaves on serving plates and carefully fill with the warm mince. Sprinkle with coriander, chilli and a few walnuts. Serve immediately with crisp salad vegetables.