Linguine with creamy lemon and mint dressing
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
A low fat dressing for pasta that packs a punch on flavour with the zest of lemon and the freshness of mint. This pasta dish makes a delicious starter for 6 or a summery accompaniment to serve with poached fish or grilled chicken.
- 200g carton reduced fat soft cheese with garlic and herbs
- 170g 0% fat carton Greek yogurt
- Finely grated rind and juice 1 lemon
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 500g fresh linguine or tagliatelle pasta
- A few sprigs of fresh mint
- Zested lemon rind to garnish
For a richer, more creamy sauce, use full fat Greek yogurt or full fat soft cheese.
- Put the soft cheese in a bowl and beat until soft and smooth. Work in the yogurt until well blended then mix in the lemon rind and juice. Season to taste.
- Set aside. For longer storage, cover and chill until required, but remove from the fridge 30 mins before serving.
- When ready to serve, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the pasta for 2-3 mins until just tender. Drain well for 5 mins, then return to the saucepan.
- Carefully mix in the lemon dressing until the pasta is well coated. Break up a few mint leaves and toss into the pasta.
- To serve, pile into warm serving bowls and sprinkle with more fresh mint and lemon rind. Serve immediately.