Pasta ribbons with prawns and cherry tomatoes
Skill level: Easy peasy
These pasta ribbons with prawns and cherry tomatoes make a sophisticated pasta dish, perfect for a large group of friends or just family dinner on a school night. Using ribbons of tagliatelle with a light creamy wine and garlic sauce, juicy prawns and sweet cherry tomatoes, the flavours compliment each other so perfectly. We recommend using fresh pasta for extra elegance and speed but dried pasta is fine. If you're feeling really indulgent, use King prawns rather than regular frozen ones which are better if you're on a budget.
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves
- 500g peeled raw prawns, thawed if frozen
- 250g assorted cherry tomatoes, halved
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 150ml dry white wine
- 100ml double cream
- 500g fresh fettucine or tagliatelle pasta
- Baby salad leaves and lemon wedges to serve
For meat lovers, cooked chicken or chunks of ham would work just as well as prawns if you prefer. Leave out the prawns for a vegetarian dish and serve with mozzarella pearls scattered on top.
- Heat the oil in a frying pan and gently fry the garlic for 1 min until soft. Add the prawns and cook, stirring, for 3-4 mins. Add the tomatoes and continue to cook, stirring, for a further 2-3 mins until the tomatoes begin to soften and the prawns are pink all over. Season well.
- Pour over the wine and cream, and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally, for 5 mins until hot.
- Meanwhile, bring a large saucepan of lightly salted water to the boil and cook the fresh pasta for 2-3 mins until just tender. Drain well and keep warm.
- To serve, pile the pasta into warm serving bowls. Spoon the prawn and tomato mixture on top, season with black pepper and sprinkle with baby salad leaves. Serve immediately with wedges of lemon to squeeze over.