Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These oaty cookies were originally made to send to the Australian and New Zealand Army Corps. Easy to make, and even easier to eat, these sticky and sweet biscuits make the perfect lunchbox or afternoon tea treat. And they will store for up to a week too.
- 85g oats
- 85g desiccated coconut
- 100g plain flour
- 100g caster sugar
- 100g butter
- 1tbsp golden syrup
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
These tasty sweet treats make the perfect gift, presented in cellophane bags tied with a colourful ribbons
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan180°C/gas mark 4.
- Mix together the oats, coconut, flour and sugar in a bowl.
- Mel the butter in a small saucepan and add the golden syrup and bicarbonate of soda.
- Make a well in the middle of your oat mixture and pour in the butter and golden syrup mix. Stir until well combined.
- Line a baking tray with parchment and use a dessertspoon to transfer the mixture.
- Bake in batches for 10 minutes, until golden brown.