Chicken and pea risotto
Skill level: Bit of effort
Wondering what to do with your leftover roast chicken? This quick and easy risotto dish is a great solution. Easy to make for a family weekday supper, it is also delicious served cold the next day in lunchboxes. Packed full of vibrant peas and succulent pieces of chicken, this creamy dish is deliciously comforting
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 1 galric clove, crushed
- 350g risotto rice
- 1 glass of white wine
- 1l vegetable stock
- 2 chicken breasts, cooked and chopped
- 1sp thyme
- 200g frozen peas
- A drizzle of creme fraiche
- 2tbsp Parmesan, grated
Fancy a big bowl of comfort food? Add some chopped smoked streaky bacon and dried porcini to give those rich winter flavours
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the onion and garlic and cook for 5 minutes.
- Add the rice and cook for one minute, making sure the rice is coated in the oil.
- Pour in the wine and cook until the liquid is absorbed.
- Add the vegetable stock, and simmer until the rice is cooked.
- Add the cooked chicken, thyme and peas, and cook for 2 minutes. Pour in a drizzle of creme fraiche and the grated Parmesan. Season and take off the heat.
- Leave to stand for a few minutes and serve sprinkled with cheese.