Chocolate and coconut truffles
Prep time:plus 3 hours chilling time
Skill level: Easy peasy
Chocolate coconut truffles are the perfect treat for any time of the year - in the summer they remind you of a beach holiday sipping Pina Colada and in the winter we like to tell the kids they are 'snowball' truffles and give them to friends and family as the perfect foodie gift. Rich, velvety and deliciously indulgent, children will love helping to make these easy chocolate and coconut treats. They make the perfect after dinner treat presented in festive coloured tissue paper.
- 100ml double cream
- 100g dark chocolate, chopped
- 100g desiccated coconut
For a grown up take on these snowy truffles, try rolling the chocolates in ground almonds of cocoa powder
- Pour the cream into a saucepan and bring up to the boil.
- Put the chocolate into a large bowl, pour over the cream, and stir until the chocolate has melted.
- Leave the chocolate and cream mixture to cool and then put in the fridge for at least 3 hours.
- Once the chocolate mixture is solid, use a teaspoon to roll into small balls.
- Sprinkle the coconut onto a chopping board and roll each truffle in the coconut until they are well covered.
Looking for food gifts? We've got plenty more to choose from!