Chocolate chip and pecan cookies
Skill level: Easy peasy
With big chunks of chocolate and nuts, these rich and indulgent cookies are the perfect grown-up biscuits. The perfect accompaniment to that afternoon cuppa or as a lunchbox pick-me-up, these tasty sweet treats are the perfect easy baking project for the weekend. Children will love to help shape the cookies too
- 200g dark chocolate, roughly broken
- 100g butter, cubed
- 50g light muscovado sugar
- 85g golden caster sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 1 egg, beaten
- 100g pecan nuts
- 100g plain flour
- 1tsp bicarbonate of soda
These tasty sweet treats make the perfect gift, presented in cellophane bags tied with a colourful ribbons
- Preheat the oven to 180°C/Fan 160°C/gas mark 4.
- Melt half of the chocolate over a pan of simmering water.
- Beat in the butter, sugar, vanilla and egg until smooth. Stir in three-quarters of the nuts and remaining chocolate, then the flour and bicarbonate of soda.
- Use a teaspoon to heap 12 blobs of the mixture onto a baking sheet lined with parchment. Then insert the reserved nuts and chocolate into the mixture.
- Bake for 12 minutes until firm.