Gnocchi with squash and sage
Skill level: Easy peasy
Looking for an alternative to pasta? Gnocchi makes a welcome change. Butternut squash is rich and succulent, making it the perfect accompaniment to the soft pieces of potato. Quick and easy, this makes the perfect mid-week family meal served with a green salad
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, chopped
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cubed
- A handful of sage leaves
- 1 packet of gnocchi
- Parmesan, to serve
Add an extra burst of flavour by adding 200g of spinach leaves and a sprinkling of goat’s cheese over the gnocchi and butternut squash
- Heat the olive oil in a large saucepan. Add the garlic, butternut squash, season, and fry for 10 minutes (until the squash is tender).
- Add the sage leaves and cook for a further few minutes. Use a potato masher to break open the butternut squash cubes, and leave to one side.
- Cook the gnocchi according to the packet instructions. Once cooked, drain and toss with the squash mix.
- Serve sprinkled with lots of Parmesan.