Lamb and rosemary casserole
Skill level: Bit of effort
This winter warmer is the perfect comfort food dish. This classic one-pot dish is the easy answer to a warming weekend meal. Hearty and filling, the whole family will enjoy this succulent dish served on its own or with some seasonal greens - and it's so easy to make too
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, chopped
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1lb lamb, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 400g tin of tomatoes
- 6 potatoes, cut into chunks
- 3 carrots, sliced
- 1 rosemary sprig, leaves removed and chopped
Not got time to cook this in the week? Cool the stew, then pack into a freezer container or bags, it will keep up to 3 months. Thaw for 6 hours in the fridge, then reheat in a pan until bubbling hot
- Put the olive oil in a heavy based pan. Add the garlic and onion and soften for 10 minutes. Add the lamb chunks and seal.
- Pour in the chopped tomatoes, chopped potatoes, carrots, rosemary, and season.
- Cook on a very low heat in the oven for two hours.