Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Buttery, crumbly and deliciously moreish, these dainty shortbread biscuits are the perfect easy weekend baking project. Delicious served with an afternoon cuppa, they also make a pretty food gift presented in a gift bag too. These tasty treats can also be frozen after they have cooled. This lavender shortbread recipe makes 15 delicious biscuits in just 20 mins. With only 4 ingredients, these sweet little biscuits are perfect if you're in the mood for baking a classic with a floral twist.
- 50g caster sugar, plus extra for dusting
- 1tsp dried lavender flowers (available from supermarkets, baking shops, and online)
- 100g butter, softened
- 150g plain flour
These tasty sweet treats make the perfect gift, presented in cellophane bags tied with a colourful ribbon
- Put the lavender flowers and sugar in a food processor and blend until fine. Sieve.
- Add the butter and mix together, then add the flour, until the mixture forms a dough.
- Turn the dough onto a work surface, roll into a ball, wrap in clingfilm and chill for 30 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 160°C/Fan140°C/gas mark 3. Roll out the dough on a lightly floured surface and cut into biscuit shapes.
- Dust with sugar and bake for 10-12 minutes until golden.