Leftover turkey pie
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Make the most of your Christmas turkey with this easy pie recipe. Perfect for the Boxing Day buffet, the whole family will love this comforting dish. The mixture of succulent turkey pieces, crisp puff pastry and crunchy carrots in a tasty sauce is delicious. It also tastes delicious served cold in a packed lunch.
- 25g plain flour
- 25g butter plus a knob
- 1/2 pint vegetable stock
- 3 tbsp frozen peas
- 100g mushrooms, sliced
- 325g cooked turkey, in bite-sized chunks
- 375g puff pastry
- 1 egg, beaten
If you have any leftover stuffing, form into balls and drop them into the sauce at stage 2
- Put the flour, butter and stock in a pan. Heat gently, stirring, until the, until the mixture thickens.
- In another saucepan, melt the knob of butter. Sauté the mushrooms for 10 minutes. Add to the sauce and stir in the turkey.
- Add the frozen peas, stir well and place into a pie dish.
- Roll out the pastry on a lightly floured work surface and lay over your mixture.
- Brush the top of the pastry with the beaten egg and place in a hot oven 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 6 for 40 minutes.