Mulled apple and cranberry juice
Skill level: Easy peasy
Warm and fragrant, this non-alcoholic mulled juice is perfect for children and drivers. Packed full of the flavours of Christmas, the fresh ginger gives this winter warmer a good kick. Deliciously fruity, itís the perfect accompaniment to a warm mince pie and is sure to get your guests in the festive spirit
- 500ml orange juice
- 150ml ginger wine
- 5cm piece root ginger, peeled and thinly sliced
- 50g caster sugar
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 6 star anise
- 6 apples, cored and chopped into small wedges
- 125g fresh cranberries
If you donít have any ginger wine, slice a couple of stem ginger balls and add 3tbsp of the sticky juice too
- Put the orange juice, ginger wine, ginger, sugar, cinnamon and star anise in a heavy based pan and bring to the boil.
- Add the apples and cranberries, return to the boil, and then simmer for 10 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and leave to infuse for an hour. Just before serving, return to the heat, removing the cinnamon sticks and star anise before pouring into glasses.