Mushroom and Parmesan tart
Skill level: Easy peasy
This tasty vegetarian tart is easy to prepare and makes a perfect meat-free dinner party dish or alternative to the Sunday Roast. Delicious served with some seasonal greens, roasted veg, or a crunchy green salad this dish can also be made the night before
- 375g all-butter puff pastry
- 25g butter
- 500g mushrooms, sliced
- 30g Parmesan, grated
- A handful of parsley leaves, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 1 egg, beaten
If you’re planning a dinner party, these veggie tarts also make a great starter. Make individual tarts by stamping out four 15cm circles from the pastry
- Roll out the pastry onto a floured work surface and place into a circular pie dish (with the pastry hanging over the sides). Chill in the fridge.
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/Gas mark 6. Melt the butter in a large frying pan over a medium heat, and fry the mushrooms for 10 minutes. Take off the heat and mix in the Parmesan cheese, chopped parsley, and crushed garlic. Season.
- Take the pastry out of the fridge, trim off the edges, and spoon in the mushrooms mixture.
- Brush the edges of the pie with the beaten egg and bake in the oven for 20 minutes, until golden brown.