Oriental duck salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Pep up your salad recipes with this luxurious combination of succulent duck, fresh watercress and Oriental dressing. Quick and easy to make, midweek salads neednít be a pile of plain leaves. A great healthy but filling dish
- 400g duck breast
- 100g green leaves, such as watercress or lettuce
- 2tbsp sesame seeds, toasted
- 2 lime, juice
- 4tbsp soy sauce
- 2tbsp sesame oil
Feeling hungry? This salad is also delicious served on a bed of rice noodles
- Lightly score the skin of the duck breasts and season. Pan-fry, skin-side down, in a pan on a low heat for 15 minutes, then turn over and cook for 5 minutes.
- Lift out of the pan and leave to rest for 5 minutes.
- Make the dressing by whisking all of the ingredients together.
- Put the watercress on a plate, add the sliced duck, sprinkle over the sesame seeds and dressing. Garnish with orange segments.