Roasted vegetable salad with goat's cheese
Skill level: Easy peasy
Warm up with a roasted vegetable salad. Packed full of sweet and earthy flavours, this colourful salad makes a tasty light meal or lunchtime pick-me-up. Easy to make, serve with some warm crusty bread or as an accompaniment to your Sunday roast
- 1 butternut squash, peeled and cut into chunks
- 1 celeriac, peeled and cut into chunks
- 3 red onions, cut into wedges
- 2 red peppers, cut into chunks
- 2tbsp olive oil
- Salt and pepper
- 200g spinach leaves
- 2tsp thyme
- 2tsp sesame seeds
- 100g goat’s cheese, crumbled
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 300ml olive oil
- 4tbsp red wine vinegar
Got some leftovers? Serve with some pasta for a quick and easy weekday meal
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/Fan 180°C/gas mark 6. Put the butternut squash, celeriac, red onions, and peppers into a shallow baking tray. Drizzle with the olive oil, season, and roast for 50 minutes.
- Make the dressing. Whisk together the Dijon mustard and red wine vinegar, then slowly add the olive oil. Season to taste.
- Tip all the vegetables into a bowl, scatter over the spinach leaves, thyme, and sesame seeds. Pour over the dressings and toss. Top with the crumbled goat’s cheese.