Tagliatelle with greens, lemon and chives
Skill level: Easy peasy
Pasta makes the perfect weekday supper. Packed full of flavour, this easy recipe can be on the table within twenty minutes. Fresh and zingy, this tagliatelle dish is beautifully versatile and a great way to use up vegetables. Itís a tasty way to get children to eat their greens too
- 450g green veg (eg green beans, peas, asparagus, kale)
- 400g tagliatelle
- 1 lemon
- 1tbsp Dijon mustard
- 1tbsp olive oil
- 3tbsp chives, snipped
- Parmesan, to serve
Fancy a change from pasta? This recipe works equally well with gnocchi
- Cook the tagliatelle according to the pack instructions, adding the green veg for the final 5 minutes.
- Squeeze the juice from the lemon and pour into a saucepan. Add the mustard, olive oil and season. Warm through.
- Drain the pasta and veg, reserving 4tbsp of the cooking water.
- Pour the sauce over the pasta, along with the cooking water, chives. Season and toss.
- Serve with generous amounts of grated Parmesan.