Warm lentil and beetroot salad
Skill level: Easy peasy
Packed full of earthy flavours, the sweet beetroot and creamy goat’s cheese are delicious served on a bed of Puy lentils. Perfect for a light vegetarian lunch, this quick and easy dish is also delicious served with some succulent sausages, mackerel or ham
- 2tbsp olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 400g can puy lentils
- 400g cooked beetroot, cut into chunks
- 1tbsp red wine vinegar
- 80g baby spinach leaves
- 100g goats cheese, crumbled
Don’t like goat’s cheese? Give this winter warmer an Italian twist with some pieces of mozzarella
- Heat 1tbsp olive oil in a frying pan, add an onion and cook until softened. Add the garlic, lentils and beetroot. Cook until warmed through.
- Whisk together the remaining olive oil, vinegar, and season. Add to the lentil mixture and toss to coat.
- Sprinkle over the spinach and goat’s cheese and toss to combine.