White chocolate and cranberry biscuits
Skill level: Easy peasy
Deliciously sweet, these tasty white chocolate and cranberry biscuits are perfect for tea and a catch up with friends. The combination of juicy cranberries and sweet, creamy white chocolate is delicious. Easy to make, these tasty treats are also great as a festive food gift. If you don’t like cranberries, dried cherries work equally well! These biscuits are fab enjoyed any time of the year, whether you want to make them specially for Christmas to give to friends, or you simple want to try something new to snack on at home with your afternoon tea!
- 90g plain flour
- ½tsp baking powder
- ½tspbicarbonate of soda
- 100g butter
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 100g soft brown sugar
- 25g caster sugar
- 1 egg, beaten
- 80g oats
- 70g white chocolate, roughly chopped
- 76g dried cranberries
If you’re having trouble shaping your biscuits, chill the mixture in the fridge for a few minutes first
- Preheat the oven to 190°C/Fan 170°C/gas mark 3.
- Sift together the flour, baking powder, and bicarbonate of soda. Set aside.
- Put the butter, vanilla and sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat together until the mixture is light.
- Add the beaten egg, followed by the flour mixture, oats, white chocolate and dried cranberries.
- Roll the mixture into small balls and place on a baking tray lined with parchment.
- Bake for 10 minutes, until golden.