Chocolate and honeycomb biscuits
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
These irresistible chocolate cookies have a surprise crunch made by adding crushed honeycomb chocolate. It値l really start to feel like Christmas when the kitchen fills with the aroma of fresh baking. These cookies are so easy to make you値l be able to throw a batch together at a moments notice when friends or family pop round for an unexpected visit. Enjoy the cookies with a cup of steaming hot tea, coffee or hot chocolate or tie them into bundles with ribbon to give as gifts. The cookies will keep in an airtight container for up to 5 days.
- 180g Crunchie bar
- 300g dark chocolate, broken into squares
- 90g butter, softened
- 150g soft light brown sugar
- 1tsp vanilla extract
- 150g self-raising flour
For a change you could replace the chopped dark chocolate with white chocolate.
- Preheat the oven to 180ｰC/350ｰF/Fan 160ｰC/Gas Mark 4. Lightly oil 2 baking sheets and line with baking paper.
- On a chopping board, chop the Crunchie bar and 200g of the dark chocolate into small pieces. Set aside.
- Place the remaining chocolate in a large heatproof bowl set over a pan of barely simmering water. Don稚 let the water touch the base of the bowl or the chocolate may overcook. Heat gently without stirring for 5 mins or until the chocolate has melted. Alternatively melt the chocolate in the microwave on HIGH/100% for 1-11/2 mins.
Remove chocolate from the pan or microwave and stir in the butter until it has melted then add the sugar and vanilla extract and mix well. Add the flour and mix gently.
- Leave the mixture to cool slightly if necessary before mixing in the chopped Crunchie and dark chocolate. Divide the mixture into 12 and place in dollops on the baking sheets, spaced well apart to allow for spreading.
Bake for 10-12 mins or until cookies are just beginning to colour and look set. Cool on the tray for 5 mins then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely. Serve warm or cold.