Skill level: Bit of effort
Costs: Cheap as chips
This simple Maltesers pavlova is a great showstopper that is cheap to make and is full of rich chocolaty flavours. It's a delicious meringue recipe! Everyone loves a pavlova. Traditionally they’re made with fruit, but we’ve been naughty and made ours with chocolate meringue, white chocolate cream and Maltesers – a perfect and delicious combination that both kids and adults will love. The meringue can be made ahead and will keep for a few days in an airtight container, so it’s great if you’ve got a big event coming up that you want to prep in advance for. Assemble the pavlova up to an hour before serving so it can set. A showstopper of a dessert that would complete any dinner party or special occasion, your guests will be really impressed with this one! This recipe serves 6-8 people and will take 2hrs to make and bake - it's well worth the wait!
- 4 large egg whites
- 240g caster sugar
- 25g cocoa powder, sieved
For the topping:
- 284ml pot of double cream
- 100g white chocolate
- 37g bag Maltesers
- Chocolate shavings
Try using a vegetable peeler to create chocolate shavings from your favourite bar.
- To make your pavlova, preheat oven to 140°C/275°F/Gas Mark 2
- Line a baking tray with parchment. Draw a 20cm circle on the parchment.
- Whisk the egg whites and sugar together with an electric whisk until stiff peaks form.
- Gently stir in the sifted cocoa.
- Spoon the meringue mixture onto the circle on the baking parchment, making an indent in the centre. Bake for 1 hr 30 mins.
- For the topping, melt the chocolate and leave it to cool for 10 mins.
- Whip the cream until it holds its shape, then gently stir through the melted chocolate.
- Pile the meringues with white chocolate cream, maltesers and chocolate shavings.