Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Snickerdoodles are old-fashioned American cookies dusted in cinnamon sugar which are delicious and moreish. They’re slightly chewy, not too sweet and will keep in an airtight container for up to a week after baking. This twist on the American classic adds chocolate to the recipe making them irresistible. Why not try some chocolate snickerdoodles with your next cuppa – you’ll love them!
- 100g butter
- 100g caster sugar
- 1 egg
- 75g dark chocolate, melted
- 150g plain flour
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
The cookies will spread a little on cooking, so leave some space between them!
- Pre-heat oven to 180°C/350°FGas Mark 4.
- Line two baking trays with baking parchment.
- Cream together the butter and 50g of the sugar until pale and fluffy.
- Beat in the egg.
- Stir in the melted chocolate, followed by the flour.
- In a separate bowl, stir together the remaining 50g of sugar and the cinnamon.
- Form the dough into golf ball sized balls in the palms of your hands, then toss in the cinnamon sugar.
- Bake for 10-12 mins. The cookies will be soft but will harden on cooling.