Easy sweet potato and spinach curry
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This healthy curry is incredibly easy to make and packed with vegetables. Chunks of sweet potato, fresh tomato and spinach will help you on your way to your five-a-day. Plus, the ready-made curry paste means itíll be ready in no time. If madras is too hot for your taste, substitute your favourite curry paste. This 25 minute dish is a great mid-week option that your family will love. If you have any leftover just pop in an airtight container, leave in the fridge and eat within 2 days.
- 1 onion, sliced
- 1tbsp madras curry paste
- 6 tomatoes, quartered
- 3 medium sweet potatoes, peeled and cut into chunks
- 100g spinach
Serve with ready-made naan or rice for an easy week-night meal.
- Sweat the onion in 1tbsp vegetable oil for a few minutes, then add the curry paste and continue to cook for a minute more.
- Add the tomatoes, sweet potato chunks and 200ml of water.
- Put a lid over and simmer for 15 mins, until the sweet potato is tender and the tomatoes are broken down.
- Stir through the spinach during the last couple of minutes of cooking and season to taste.