Penne with broccoli and anchovies
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This penne with broccoli and anchovies recipe is fast and very easy. Itís packed with nutrients from the green vegetables and oily fish, and with garlic and chilli, itís incredibly tasty too. The anchovies Ďmeltí to form a sauce that clings to the ridges in the penne shapes. They also add a salty kick, so thereís no need to add seasoning to this recipe. If you want to turn up the heat, add more chilli flakes! Prefer something milder? Leave them out.
- 400g penne pasta
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 anchovy fillets
- ľtsp chilli flakes
- 300g broccoli florets
- Grated Parmesan cheese, to serve
For a change, try using spinach instead of broccoli.
- Bring a large saucepan of salted water to the boil. Add the pasta and cook according to packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat 1tbsp vegetable oil in a large frying pan over medium heat.
- Add the garlic, anchovies and chilli flakes. Cook gently for 5 mins, until the anchovies have started to break up.
- 4 mins before the end of the pasta cooking time, add the broccoli florets to the water and cook for another 4 minutes.
- Drain the pasta and broccoli, then toss in the sauce.
- Sprinkle with Parmesan to serve.