Chicken and chorizo pasta
Skill level: Easy peasy
Chicken and chorizo pasta is full of flavour and perfect for a speedy week-night supper. Juicy chicken pieces and spicy chorizo blend beautifully with the basil-infused tomato sauce. Choose chunky pasta shapes like penne or farfalle to trap the sauce, and serve with lashings of grated Parmesan cheese. This chorizo pasta dish only takes 5 mins to prepare and 15 mins to cook, which makes it the ideal mid-week meal thatís quick and easy and the kids will love it too. If you're catering for more than 4 people, we'd recommend doubling the ingredients, that way you're sure to have leftovers for the lunch the next day too. Chicken and chorizo isnít just for paella, itís great with pasta too!
Try using pancetta or chopped streaky bacon instead of chorizo.
- 3 skinless and boneless chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 400g pasta
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 100g cooking chorizo, sliced
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- Basil, finely chopped
- Parmesan, grated
- Bring a large pan of salted water to the boil. Cook the pasta according to the packet instructions.
- Meanwhile, heat the vegetable oil in a large frying pan. Fry the chorizo for 5 mins.
- Add the chicken pieces to the chorizo and fry for another 5 mins.
- Add the tomatoes and basil to the chicken and chorizo. Simmer for 5 mins.
- Drain the pasta and toss in the sauce. Serve with grated parmesan.
Guideline Daily Amount for 2,000 calories per day are: 70g fat, 20g saturated fat, 90g sugar, 6g salt.