Speedy lamb couscous
Skill level: Easy peasy
Juicy chunks of lamb are browned in Moroccan spices for a speedy family supper that is sure to go down a treat. Honey and apricots give this dish its exotic flavours, tinned tomatoes make an instant sauce and couscous soaks it all up. Best of all, itís ready in just 20 mins and only uses one pan meaning youíll have less washing up to do. This dish is so simple to make and costs hardly anything to make too.
- 1tbsp vegetable oil
- 450g lamb steaks, cut into bite-sized chunks
- 1tbsp ground coriander
- 1tbsp ground cinnamon
- 1tsp ground ginger
- 1tbsp honey
- 200g dried couscous
- 400g tin of chopped tomatoes
- 80g dried apricots, diced
Try garnishing this dish with flaked almonds and fresh coriander leaves.
- Heat the oil in a large pan. Add the lamb and spices and fry for 10 mins.
- Stir in the couscous, honey, apricots, tomatoes and 300ml of water.
- Cook for a further 5 mins, until the water has been absorbed by the couscous.