Cheesy scrambled eggs with bacon
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
Scrambled eggs are delicious on their own but if you add cheese to them they become extra special. Cheesey Scrambled Eggs with Bacon makes an excellent breakfast dish for the weekend when you may have a little more time to prepare something good. This recipe would be great for a snack or light lunch. Served on hot buttered wholemeal toast it makes a filling and healthy start to the day.
- 2 rashers back bacon
- 4 medium eggs
- 15g butter
- A little milk
- Salt and freshly ground black pepper
- 50g mature Cheddar cheese, grated
- 2 large slices wholemeal bread
- Butter for spreading
To make this really special add some smoked salmon trimmings to the cheesey scrambled eggs. Add the salmon after the eggs have cooked. Serve with or without the bacon. Instead of serving on toast why not try toasted bagels or muffins.
- Grill the bacon until crispy and keep warm.
- Put the eggs into a small bowl and beat lightly with a fork, then pour them into a small saucepan.
- Add the butter and milk and stir together well with a wooden spoon.
- Put the pan on a low heat and cook gently, stirring constantly until the eggs thicken and become creamy. Season to taste. Take the pan off the heat.
- Add the cheese and stir into the mixture evenly.
- Toast the bread, then butter each slice.
- Arrange the bacon on top of the toast, then spoon on the cheesy eggs.
- Serve immediately.