Fruit and yogurt muesli
Skill level: Easy peasy
Costs: Cheap as chips
This quick and simple fruit and yogurt muesli makes a light and refreshing start to the day. You can make up a large batch of the muesli and store it in an airtight container – it keeps very well and you can add all sorts of other ingredients to it. Strawberries and bananas go very well with the yogurt – any flavour yoghurt could be used, but natural yogurt is particularly good. The quantities for this recipe makes two servings but it is of course very easy to increase the quantities for each person.
- 150g carton low fat natural yogurt
- 50g mixed grain cereal
- 25g raisins
- 15g desiccated coconut
- 15g pumpkin seeds
- 15g hazelnuts, chopped
- 2 strawberries, sliced
- 1 small banana, sliced
- 1 nectarine, cut into small pieces
- 2 tsp runny honey
If you like a sweeter muesli mix add a little Demerara sugar to the cereal. Add any fruit you like to the recipe such as raspberries and blueberries or orange and grapefruit segments instead. This would make a very healthy lunch dish too.
- Pour the yoghurt into a serving dish.
- Put the cereal, raisins, coconut, pumpkin seeds and hazelnuts into a small bowl and mix together.
- Sprinkle the muesli mixture over the yogurt, then add the strawberries and banana slices.
- Drizzle the honey over the top.